Every trace of ourselves is computerized.
Have you heard of Ralph? I honestly hadn’t.
He may look familiar – but who doesn’t these days!.
All of a sudden, he is the number one character at the box office! Ralph really “wrecks it” home. Video game bad guy Ralph and fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz must risk it all by traveling to the World Wide Web in search of a replacement part to save Vanellope’s video game, “Sugar Rush.” Does he do it? And can he actually repair video games?
Do you remember the thrill of “THE NET” with Sandra Bullock losing her identity? This is that thrill here in this movie, but catered to kids. We don’t want to ruin the movie for your but there is a wonderful message to boot: Be yourself and follow your dream.
- John C. Reilly: He is the voice of “Ralph”. And he couldn’t be the more perfect “voice”. A large, friendly, “cellophane” kind of guy. Who makes social mistakes often. We all know one of those. Reilly makes this connection perfectly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scWyxjNHYO0
- Sarah Silverman: We have an actress here who is playing the heroine of this film, Vanellope Von Schweetz at the age of 9. So we are basically learning about Sarah Silverman and how she was at the age of 9. And guess what! We have a new Disney Princess. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXzS_rtfUpg Any questions?
- Disney: Disney acknowledges its online presence and creates a Disney scene with the Disney princesses. staged as real people. It is NOT TO BE MISSED! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaNFGRbjBcA
- We get to imagine the internet as a train station. The train station is a hub of activity. Literally. A myriad of internet denizens populate the land of Ralph and Vanellope. Luckly, we did not see the bathroom in detail.
- Friendship: We get to watch a possibly underestimated display of friendship. This a true friendship story. They are best friends and Ralph does not want to change their status. He gets jealous. Who wouldn’t? But does friendship prevail? You let me know what you think. When we are with best friends, time flies by. So I do not know if I will be here for the answer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY