- Will Smith as Genie – some of us weren’t born when the Fresh Prince first took the stage in West Philadelphia, but his musical talent shines through again in Agrabah, along with some comedy, for a fresh take on the genie. He passed.
- Mena Massoud as Aladdin – His dance moves and acrobatics help mold his character into the kind hearted slippery thief that steals Jasmine’s heart. One thing he doesn’t do much of – sing. His warmth effectuates and he is perfectly in character.
- ABU as ABU – for those of you who are wondering, NO MONKEYS were harmed in the making of this movie. He is a clever guy and might even be the true hero of this movie. Wondering who the voice of Abu is? Click here.
- Marwan Kenzari as Jafar – He is as evil as it gets, probably one of the few characters in the movie that is not better than the original Aladdin. This actor could have done better. The best thing about him was his talking parrot.
- Naomi Scott as Jasmine – She grew up singing in church, and started writing songs at the age of 15. The new songs in Aladdin 2019 highlight her talent. Some might say she stole the show. The new version of Aladdin reimagines Jasmine as a stronger woman, which is perfect in the age of Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, and hopefully a female president one day soon.
Our verdict is in and we vote YES. According to our toughest critic, you won’t want to miss the moment where Aladdin does his back flips.