Fascinated by the artistic process? Love Disney themes? Here is a glimpse of a sample of art displayed at the 2019 festival of the arts at Epcot. Keep in mind that on top of the artwork displayed, many booths highlight the artist and may even have the actual artist present.
Here are some great pictures of some of the art displayed, including some handmade bronze statutes:
Music is art! Which is why there is also a Disney on Broadway Concert Series, featuring show stopping songs from Disney musicals.
Performance Artists are also tactfully set up all over Epcot. It’s surely not to be missed and we hope to bring you more inside views of this artfully planned Epcot festival.
Looking to add a little Disney flair to your Valentine’s Day this year? Here are our top five ideas on how to do it:
- ADD A LITTLE ROMANCE TO YOUR DINNER, DISNEY STYLE: my absolute favorite way to do it is by sharing a plate of spaghetti with my loved one. If you’ve never tried it, as silly as it may sound, please do. Happen to be at Tony’s Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom? The restaurant is designed after the real place where this magic happened. So try it there. Trust me.
- DISNEY MOVIE VALENTINE FAMILY NIGHT – Staying in with your family this Valentine’s Day? Make it a family night. Make your own popcorn, add some red sprinkles and pink M&Ms for some flair. Try making cookie cutter valentine’s snacks (you can use cookie cutters on just about any kind of food). Finish the evening with some Jello Fun. Need family ideas? Try these: Beauty and the Beast, Ratatouille, Lady and the Tramp, Frozen, Cinderella.
- Find ways to #BEKIND. Put Disney Quotes around your house with the “BEKIND” Theme. Need some ideas? Try these:
- A friend is one of the nicest things that you can have and one of the best things you can be (Winnie the Pooh)
- Remember, you’re the one that can fill the world with sunshine (Snow White)
- Live like there is no midnight (Cinderella)
- Be who you are on the inside (Moana)
- Prove yourself to be Brave, Truthful, and Unselfish (Pinnochio)
- Want to paint the roses red? Check out this cool handcraft idea from Disney Family, click here.
- Last but not least, if you want to make the ultimate gesture for Valentine’s Day, find the man or woman of your dream, and take Cinderella’s Coach for the Disney Wedding of your dreams.
- Someone climbed out of the roller coaster. Don’t get out of a rollercoaster while the roller coaster is in motion. Stay in your seats. For example Space Mountain recently reopened after being shut down: a 20 year old man with cognitive disabilities climbed out of the moving rollercoaster and was on the tracks, forcing the ride to halt to a close. Thankfully, no injuries were reported. Somehow he was able to maneuver around the ride’s safety restraints. So lower those bars and hold on tight!
- Elsa’s head may have fallen off, again (Frozen Ride). Do you want your toddler to see Elsa’s head off. Neither does Disney. Apparently the Frozen Ride opened in 2016, before it was completed, and the sensors are often tripped or the animatronics do not stay on. In these situations, all the lights will come on and you will be led out of the ride by a cast member.
- The boats ahead of you might be stuck. In Pirates of the Caribbean, for example, sometimes the boats can get so stacked up that the boat you are in CAN’T navigate the pirate waterways. Don’t worry, a pirate wearing galoshes may show up and use a long pole to navigate your boat out of the waterways. You should still be safe!
- Not too terrified to ride the Tower of Terror? Well, let’s hope it’s up and running for you! Before you discover life beyond the fifth dimension, let’s hope your elevator is lined up on the track’s properly. If it is even a 1/64th inch off (for your safety), the ride stops automatically. Take a look at these folks who filmed their ride being shut down.
- Last reason that a ride may be closed temporarily? Annual maintenance/upkeep. Check out this helpful list of upcoming closures for maintenance on wdwinfo.
Worst part of having a ride close mid-wait or mid-ride is the anticipation that comes to a slamming halt. Best part is that you will most likely be offered a fast pass by the cast members at exit. If not for the ride you were waiting for, it may be one that can be used for almost any ride in the park. If they do not offer a fast pass, be sure to ask for one.
Did you know there is now an Enchanted Forest within the Wilderness Lodge?
I’m whistling while I write.
Long ago, I wrote on this site that Snow White deserved more. Snow White has been at the parade, she has dined with other princesses at Akershus, and she also has a special spot on Main Street.
And now, Snow White, Dopey, Grumpy and the Evil Queen all have their own dining experience at the Wilderness Lodge.
Although reservations are very hard to get, I got them. I can’t wait to report on the new dining experience at Artist Point, in the Wilderness Lodge!
With this menu, all you can do is hi ho all the way to dinner.
This meal costs $55 for adults and $33 for children ages 3-9 (tax and gratuity not included). For those on the Disney Dining Plan, one table service credit will be redeemed per Guest.
Once you get into the Enchanted Forest, you’ll find that the meal is very different (or so I have heard). So different, that each guest gets their own enchanted apple.
According to Disney sources, the storybook-themed dining experience begins with shared appetizers including Hunter’s Pie with chicken, black truffle, and stone fruit preserve, Winter Squash Bisque with caramel loli and granola served in an adorable black cauldron, Wicked Shrimp Cocktail with soy, miso, avocado, thai chili, and greens, and From the Garden, an array of fruits, vegetables, cheese, and create-your-own honey butter.
Then, you’ll be able to choose from an entrée from a prix fixe menu. Feast on the Royal Prime Rib Roast, Brother’s Grimm Roasted Chicken, Magic Mirror Slow Braised Veal Shank, Seafood Stew and Bashful’s Butter Poached Snapper. Or enjoy the vegetarian option – A Stroll Through Nature – featuring butternut squash, arugula and gnocchi.
Children can choose from Royal Prime Rib Roast, Grilled Chicken, Princess Pasta and Vegetarian Steam Bun.
For dessert enjoy “Poison” Apple; Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie; a sponge cake with chocolate gems and buttercream icing called Miner’s Treasures; and The Hunter’s Gift to the Queen, which features cracked maple popcorn with a ganache heart.
The meal is roughly $35 for kids, $55 for adults, or 1 credit on the dining plan.
Stay tuned for pictures! And feedback! And remember, you’re the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
While it won’t ever be the mane event, it will be close.
The new Lion King Movie is set to release on July 19, 2019.
What a cast!
Here are five things to look forward in the upcoming movie.
- Beyonce. Need I say more? The Grammy winning star will play lioness Nala, Simba’s childhood friend. Are you wondering what Beyonce will be singing? Well, there will only be four songs from the original movie: “Can you Feel the Love Tonight”, “Hakuna Matata”, “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”, and “Circle of LIfe”. I’m sure Beyonce’s voice will be highlighted with a few more.
- James Earl Jones – Is coming back! To reprise his role as Mufasa. He’s an icon with maybe one of the most memorable voices on the planet.
- Jon Favreau – After his success with The Jungle Book, Jon Favreau is contributing his talents to reimagine Simba’s rise to power. One of his main goals: Honoring the original movie. He never wants to ruin the memory of someone’s favorite movie.
- Elton John – Did you know that Elton John’s middle name is Hercules???? John famously won an award for the Original Lion King Soundtrack and he is back behind the scenes of the music for the new remake. Looks as if he was destined to work with the magic of Disney.
- 2019 – It’s 2019. The original Lion King was made in 1994 (I was 14 years old!!). We have new technology, new capabilities. I’m sure amazing things will be done with the live action animation. You can have a love for both films, I promise. Who here is going to the movies in July??
Wishing to experience the magic of a Disney NYE Countdown from the comfort of your own home? Well, your wishes are being answered this year!
Walt Disney World is officially inviting fans around the world to watch live as Mickey and Friends count down from 2018 to 2019.
Wondering how? Just click here on Monday, December 31st, 2018.
While we wait for the big day, here are some fun facts about New Years Eve.
Black Eyed Peas, Ham, or cabbage are all considered good luck if you eat them on New Years Eve or New Years Day as it is said to bring you wealth and prosperity for the rest of the year. To hedge my bets, I will be eating this food on BOTH days.
- DO NOT eat Lobster or Chicken on either New Years Eve or New Years Day. They are considered BAD LUCK because lobsters move backwards and chickens scratch in reverse.
- * Some people, especially those from ITALY, wear red underwear on both New Years Eve and New Years Day to bring them wealth and prosperity. This is a problem for me. I do not own red underwear, do you?
- New Years Eve and New Years Day are two of the busiest days at Walt Disney World. Do not go if you are unprepared for the crowds. They have magical fireworks on both of those days, unique shows not displayed throughout the year. What do you do if you hate crowds? Watch the live stream!! See above.
Do you remember my inner turmoil when I learned of the upcoming movie, Mary Poppins Returns? If not, click here.
You have no reason to worry about doing harm to the Original Mary Poppins by attending Mary Poppins Returns. This film is not a remake. It is a sequel in every shape and form. And there may very well be more sequels to come.
I may be living in a bubble, but I was consistently shocked while watching the film. Almost as shocked as the Banks children watching Mary Poppins pull items out of her famous carpetbag. Shocked not only that Angela Lansbury is still alive and well at age 93, but she soars as an iconic character from the original P.L Travers eight book series: the balloon lady. Her balloons are magic, and she warns those who take a balloon to choose wisely.
Watching Angela Lansbury and Dick Van Dyke made me feel like a child again. That is all I will say to not ruin the movie, but it is a must see. And your children will watch, captivated. I was a bit worried at first, as the children we were with ranged from ages 2 to 6, but they stayed entranced for the entire two hour period.
I can’t quite put a finger on how happy I felt after the movie. It was so nice to see such an all-star cast, of all ages, filled with such talent. Hope is not lost! Children can still use their imaginations and fly.
What is the one thing that is possibly missing from Lansbury’s role? Her iconic Murder She Wrote Wink or possibly a Beauty and the Beast song.
Does the fact that the
- WEAR DISNEY – Simply wear Disney. How do you do that? It’s easy. It does not have to cost money. Wear bright colors. Wear red with polka dots. Feel like splurging? Buy an outfit from the Disney Store at least once. Trust me. You will enjoy wearing it. Is it cold? Try a Disney hat to protect your ears.
- EAT DISNEY FOOD AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH – What is Disney food, you ask? It could be anything to “a spoonful of sugar” to a Mickey waffle! Get some Disney cookie cutters. They don’t need to be for cookies, they could be for sandwiches. Be creative! Make your meal fun!
- SING A DISNEY SONG – Not on the subway, Not necessarily at work. Sing where you feel comfortable. Sing where it won’t get you ostracized or fired. Print out the lyrics if you have to. Just sing. You will feel better. This is one of my favorites: click here
- DANCE LIKE A DISNEY PRINCE/PRINCESS – Dancing does not have to take place in public. Sometimes we dance to relieve stress, or even enjoy friendship. It just feels good. Disney Princess & Princesses know how to dance. Click here for an example: Just do it!
- QUOTE DISNEY – Throw a Disney quote into a conversation once in a while. You do not have to actually say it is a quote. Just use the quote in a sentence. For example: 1) If you’re in charge of a project, say “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” 2) Did a friend mess up? Well tell them “If you weren’t you, we’d be a bit less “we”. 3) Is someone wondering what to do with their lives? Tell them: “venture outside your comfort zone, the rewards are worth it.”
Every trace of ourselves is computerized.
Have you heard of Ralph? I honestly hadn’t.
He may look familiar – but who doesn’t these days!.
All of a sudden, he is the number one character at the box office! Ralph really “wrecks it” home. Video game bad guy Ralph and fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz must risk it all by traveling to the World Wide Web in search of a replacement part to save Vanellope’s video game, “Sugar Rush.” Does he do it? And can he actually repair video games?
Do you remember the thrill of “THE NET” with Sandra Bullock losing her identity? This is that thrill here in this movie, but catered to kids. We don’t want to ruin the movie for your but there is a wonderful message to boot: Be yourself and follow your dream.
- John C. Reilly: He is the voice of “Ralph”. And he couldn’t be the more perfect “voice”. A large, friendly, “cellophane” kind of guy. Who makes social mistakes often. We all know one of those. Reilly makes this connection perfectly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scWyxjNHYO0
- Sarah Silverman: We have an actress here who is playing the heroine of this film, Vanellope Von Schweetz at the age of 9. So we are basically learning about Sarah Silverman and how she was at the age of 9. And guess what! We have a new Disney Princess. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXzS_rtfUpg Any questions?
- Disney: Disney acknowledges its online presence and creates a Disney scene with the Disney princesses. staged as real people. It is NOT TO BE MISSED! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaNFGRbjBcA
- We get to imagine the internet as a train station. The train station is a hub of activity. Literally. A myriad of internet denizens populate the land of Ralph and Vanellope. Luckly, we did not see the bathroom in detail.
- Friendship: We get to watch a possibly underestimated display of friendship. This a true friendship story. They are best friends and Ralph does not want to change their status. He gets jealous. Who wouldn’t? But does friendship prevail? You let me know what you think. When we are with best friends, time flies by. So I do not know if I will be here for the answer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY