Annual Passholders receive many benefits, but the pass comes at a price. Here are some things to mouse or “muse” over before you decide:
- Recent Price Increase might make you wince:
Updated Disney World Annual Pass prices for the public are as follows:
Updated Disney World Annual Pass prices for Disney Vacation Club Members are as follows:
Disney Platinum Plus Pass New Purchase: $999 (from $849)
Disney Platinum Plus Pass Renewal: $849 (from $721)
Disney Platinum Pass New Purchase: $899 (from $749)
Disney Platinum Pass Renewal : $764 (from $636)
- Still reading? One of the reasons prices may have increased is because of the new perk for pass holders: they get VIP access to Galaxy’s Edge.The Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge passholder preview will be on select dates this August inside Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios. An email will be sent out to those eligible for this preview event. Here’s some important information regarding the preview from Disney Parks Blog.
How to Register
- Email invitations with registration details will be sent out later this summer.
- If you are an eligible Passholder and would like to register a Guest to accompany you, that Guest must also have a valid Platinum, Platinum Plus or Premier annual pass, be listed on your Family and Friends List and have opted to share “All My Plans” with you.
- Advance registration is required.
- Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders must register by making an online reservation for ONE event.
- Valid Annual Pass and photo ID are required at check-in for each Passholder and Passholder Guest.
- Reservations are limited and are subject to availability.
- Activities and attractions are subject to change without notice.
When the email is sent out the space available for this preview event will book quickly. Make sure to have your My Disney Experience account set up in advance with guests you will be wanting to take. Also make sure they are platinum passholders or above. Guests can not accompany you unless they also have paid the hefty price to be platinum pass holders or above!
* OTHER PERKS OF BECOMING A PASSHOLDER – Free refrigerator magnets, discount on Disney Park Merchandise, Discount on Dining. Is it worth it? You tell me. Part of me feels as if they raised the prices just to get those Star Wars fans on board. Is that fair?