It is portrayed as a gastropub inspired restaurant reminiscent of a cozy lighthouse. While I respectfully disagree with this description, I have to say that this new restaurant that replaces THE CAPTAIN’S TABLE and THE YACHT CLUB is not to be missed.
While there are no views that really made me feel as if you are in a cozy lighthouse, the food itself leaves an impression strong enough to serve as a navigational aid for a million maritime pilots at sea. Right now, the reservations are somewhat easy – but you should grab one now before the word starts spreading.
The fare is not really toddler/child friendly. Kids can choose “skirt steak”, “cheeseburger”, or ravioli. Make sure that you ask that the side of fried green beans be substituted by fries.
For dessert, kids have the choice of “smores” or mini macaroon ice cream sandwiches. All I have to say is, the picture below says a thousand words. As inspirational as it is, would you have tried this gourmet smore with dried strawberries at four years old?
Luckily, there were amazing appetizers and main courses for my children to nibble on with me.
These rolls with bacon jam and chive butter on the side:
Or this grape leaf wrapped baked goat cheese:
The appetizers were a hit with my children, and the servers were more than happy to replenish the rolls and toasted baguette.
For dinner, I chose the Tbone steak with truffled butter.
The steak came with a side of homemade barbecue sauce. For me, the sauce was the best part. I used it as dip. Could not finish the steak – wasn’t the best I’ve tasted.
If I hadn’t been on the dining plan, I would have had appetizers instead of a main course, so I suggest you do the same until they work out the kinks!
Grape Leaf-wrapped Baked Goat Cheese
- – Oven-roasted tomatoes and toasted pumpkin seeds with grilled baguette – $9.00
Hearth Oven Pie
- – $19 White Clam pie $18 Caramelized Leek and Chorizo Pie $17 Seasonal Market Vegetable Pie – $17.00
Parker House Rolls and Spreads
- – With bacon jam, pub cheese, and citrus butter – $12.00
Roasted Garlic Shrimp
- – Roasted garlic shrimp – $15.00
- And don’t forget about the dessert! The pavlova and trio of puddings was absolutely amazing!!
- For a full menu, check
- Despite the pros and cons, I would definitely go back. It’s always exciting to have a new restaurant!
- So pump up your cuisine and your palette! Just go!